Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Felt the Baby for the First Time!

That's right, me! Dar! Well, okay, Missi called me over telling me that she was feeling twinges in her belly a few minutes ago. But she was uncertain. I then used my very cold hand to diligently stake out a portion of her belly waiting for some movement. A second later ... twinge! I felt movement and confidently declared that I felt the baby first.

A few moments before that though it is noteworthy to tell everyone that I too felt some movement in my belly. Missi and I, as a result of our training to obtain our juris doctors, were quickly able to come to the amateur medical conclusion that I am not with child and probably am just hungry for breakfast. (A professional medical opinion would probably be able to tell whether I was particularly jonesing for some pancakes with strawberry compote and cool whip)

Anyhoo over the past 10 or so minutes, Missi felt some more little twinges at varying intervals. Missi thinks that the baby is doing laps in the belly similar to how the hippos at the zoo float around in regular patterns. Swim! Swim like Michael Phelps or Natalie Coughlin!

No comments: