After our visit with the family in Reno we came down the coast on the way home. Before we got to the coast though, we got to have a quick lunch with Brad, by some miracle he wasn't working at the time even though it was a Tuesday. I know who would've thunk it? ;-) Lunch with Brad has paid off dividends for me, cuz Missi got introduced to some more Thai food that she likes. Since then we've tried two new local Thai places near our house. Yay!
Anyhoo, back to San Jose we went to visit the Winchester Mystery House. It was pretty fun, especially for me because the house is probably the white whale for a CD action.
After trying to head up stairs that lead to no-where, we visited Monterrey and its world famous aquarium. Ginny had a great time looking at all the seahorses, jellyfish, the octopus, and the rest of her ocean friends. We also learned conclusively that fish can be friends and food!
Our next stop was Cambria where we spent our time exploring the tide pools and saying hi to the elephant seals.
As we continued our drive down the coast I had to stop for a potty break. Conveniently enough we were close by the Madonna Inn. That's right I used their urinal which was featured on a recent Travel Channel special highlighting the world's most impressive bathrooms. Although, the waterfall bathroom I used was different than the one I saw on the show. Is there more than one fancy urinal there?
Well, that's pretty much it, except that we did eat at the Boat (yummy cheese bread) and went to Disneyland before having to go back to work.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment