Today is the one year anniversary...of what you ask? It was one year ago today that Darwin and I found out that we were pregnant. I remember it clearly (well, as clear as I can remember things now a days...most days, I can't seem to remember whether or not I closed the garage door when leaving in the morning...but I digress). It was one of many pregnancy tests taken over the months. Although I was late, I figured it would be like every other month with a negative test. But, we stuck with our ritual and waited the 5 minutes for the test to process and walked into the bathroom together. For the first time, there was a second pink line. I was so confused and didn't want to get my hopes up, so I dug out the directions to make sure it meant what I hoped it meant. We were pregnant! I was so excited, but surprisingly did not cry (although I tend to cry at the drop of a dime, I haven't cried at major life events where you would expect me to cry, like our wedding). I think Darwin was excited too, but to be honest, I don't remember his reaction-Darwin, do you care to comment and add to this? I called to get my doctor's appointment right away (although they didn't see me for three more weeks).
Even more difficult-we didn't tell anyone (which you know was killing me inside). We didn't even tell our parents and siblings for almost two weeks. Our works didn't find out until after the first doctor's appointment. And the rest of our family and friends didn't find out until we were through the first trimester. Whew! That is probably the biggest secret I have ever kept.
Anyway, as you know by now, all is well that end's well, and our little OP (I don't remember the exact date we coined that term, but it was pretty early on) was born happy and healthy almost 9 months after we found out we were pregnant. And for some reason, I didn't cry then either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment