Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another Birthday Surprise!!!

For my birthday I planned on taking Ginny with me for a Daddy-Ginny day at Disneyland while Missi went to work as normal. Little did I know Missi and her family had other plans...

That morning as I was getting the diaper bag ready to go I look up and see Missi in denim capris. I think to myself "It's a weekday, why isn't this girl in a suit?" So I asked her, "Why isn't this girl in a suit, it's a weekday?"

She replies, "'This girl?' You mean me?"

I exclaim- "Yes, woman!"

"Oh, she replies innocently, don't you want me to go too?"

So that's how I thought I learned it was going to be a Bustarde Day. But as we're driving up to Disneyland I realize that neither Sarah or Emie had texted or called to wish me a happy birthday. So I ask Missi "Why hasn't Sarah or Emie texted or called to wish me a happy birthday? Are they coming too, so that's it'll be a Bustarde plus more day!?"

Consequently, my thought process went as follows, "They always text or call pretty early to wish me happy birthday, well it's still early in the day, but why does Missi have a funny smirk on her face? What's the answer to this conundrum? Ask more questions!"

A rapid exchange between Missi and I then took place. While Missi's trying to avoid my questions I notice a curious tugging at the top-left corner of her lip. "She's hiding something!" I think to myself. I decide to let the issue drop during the rest of the drive as I try to analyze the birthday texts that come in as we're riding up.

Sure enough as we walk into Disneyland I see Emie, Sarah, Ken and Laura lounging on a bench on Main Street. Ah-ha! I was right! What a fun surprise!

Boy, was it hot though. Here's me and Ginny beating the heat by waiting for big splashes from Grizzly River Rapids. We got soaked pretty good.Ginny got to meet Aladdin on this visit.
She rode on Pirates, the Haunted Mansion and got to ride in the sliding cars on the Fun Wheel for the first time too.
She got a little scared from all of the movement on the Fun Wheel. I don't think Granny Laura's screaming was very reassuring to Ginny. ;-)
Ginny had a good time playing with Auntie Em on opposite sides of some glass.
Pappy's excited cuz Ginny was lot more comfortable being held by him that day.
Ginny loves her Dada!!
We were able to take her on Dumbo too! She loved it!

Thanks to the fam for taking the day off to help celebrate my big 2-1.
***

This past weekend we celebrated Joshua and Zoey's August birthdays. Here are a couple of photos from the party.

I like this picture because I think Ginny is gonna give her Auntie Em this look for many years.
Here's Noah kissing up on Ginny, "Hey! You're related!" I wonder where Noah learned his technique? :-) I blame the programs on the television machine and Marilyn Manson. Won't somebody think of the children!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I went downstairs TWICE in my casual clothes and was in front of Darwin for about 5-7 minutes before he noticed my non-work attire.

-Missi
PS-my Google login isn't working?

Anonymous said...

Jeez, it was so hot that day! And I would do it again with a coat on to just to miss work :)

You forgot to mention dinner at the Blue Bayou and all that time we spent in the Grand Californian.

I totally just noticed I wasn't the only one in pants... Aladdin!

-Sarah

Darwin Bustarde, Esq. said...

I don't mention everything on purpose to encourage our readers to fill in the blanks. ;-)

Emilee said...

That day was really hot! We still had a good time. Playing with Ginny in animation was lots of fun, but I do believe it was more fun throwing Darwin completely off with where we were going to dinner. He had no idea, probably.