Thursday, December 4, 2008

Miss Virginia

It has been two weeks since I've last posted, and what an exciting two weeks it has been! Ginny had more visitors (Jon and Sheona), went to the Wild Animal Park again (this time, she got to see the elephants), went to Sea World for the first time, went to Dad's work and met the people there (except Ana), went to Mom's work and met the people there and went out to lunch with them, mastered rolling over, had two Thanksgivings, met Jeff and his brother Sean, went to the mall for the first time with us, went to the first restaurant with just the 3 of us, and she and I also went to the outlet mall by ourselves (very exciting/scary-I had no backup if she got fussy in a store).

Ginny is now a pro at rolling over-last Tuesday (as in two days before Thanksgiving), she rolled over NINE times by herself. We even managed to catch a couple on video (although the computer is not seeing my video camera, so I can't upload the video yet). Since then, she has been off and rolling (when she feels like it). Now that she has a taste of rolling over, when she is done with her tummy time and wants to roll over, she can! (Except sometimes she can't get her arm in the correct position, which gets her frustrated and starts to cry-then she gets an assisted roll over).

We started playing a new game (to further strengthen her neck muscles), where I pull her into a sitting position on my ankle (i.e., she uses my ankle as a seat)-she loves it! She loves being able to look around the room from her sitting position. Yesterday, while her hands were holding onto my thumbs as I pulled her into the sitting position, she continued to pull herself up into a standing position! It was so cool!

I think we also found a daycare provider for Ginny. We met her yesterday and like her and the environment. So, unless we win the lottery in the very near future, it looks like this person will be taking care of Ginny come January :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginny and her Aunite Em were so coordinated on Thanksgiving. We're both just cool like that.