Ginny had an exciting fifth week of life. We went on a walk with the doggies one morning, but it was really cold outside, so her Mom had to bundle her up (check out the pic in the slideshow below...looks like we live in the midwest!) Her cousin Elliott (and Jessica and Gail) came by for lunch on Tuesday and Elliott decided he likes his cousin Ginny and showed her with loving kisses. One day during the week, Ginny even giggled in her sleep. TOO CUTE!!!!!
Then, Ginny hung out with Lola, Lolo, cousin Elliott and Unkie Dex on Saturday with a trip to Balboa Park and the Zoo! She ended the weekend with a trip to Grannie and Pappy's house (and Mickey and Mulan got to come too to visit their doggy cousins). There, she started working on rolling over and even rolled over once on her own! (Okay, her Dad was holding her hand so her arm would be straight, but all of the momentum and rolling over came from Ginny).
The week was capped off with some excitement-her first earthquake. We had a 4.1 earthquake in North County last night. I leaped out of bed and grabbed Ginny and headed for the door jam. Although it was a fairly sizable jolt, it was probably over before I even grabbed Ginny, but that wouldn't have stopped me anyway (you never know if they are going to keep going). Besides, Darwin and the doggies were right behind me. Interestingly, our house guest (auntie Emie) didn't even get out of bed and declared it a "little one" when we asked if she was okay. Ginny probably would have slept through it; I think I probably woke her up when I gingerly (but quickly) grabbed her. Darwin even accused me of having earthquake drills when I'm home alone with Ginny. I deny all such accusations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Of course I didn't get out of bed! It was sleepy time. It looks like Ginny was very happy being bundled up. She must like to be warm like her Auntie Em when she goes out.
Auntie Em
Post a Comment