Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom (and other tidbits!)

So, we've been absolutely terrible bloggers. We've been meaning to put up some new posts for weeks now, but had been putting it off because we wanted to put up some pics with our posts. I have given up (for now) and will just give you the text update.



If you haven't guessed from the title, we traded in the life of the convertible (i.e. the Camaro) and are now the proud owners of a Mazda CX-9. It's a real beauty if I do say so myself. It drives fabulous, has all sorts of cool gadgets, and is overall, pretty darn cool. Since I don't have any pictures, I will tell you that it is black with a tan interior (with black highlights). For those of you not familiar with the CX-9, it is a 7 passenger cross-over SUV. The back row (and the 2nd for that matter) fold flat for additional cargo room. This came in very handy when we had to pick up the baby furniture.



Speaking of which, we bought and picked up the furniture for OP's room last weekend. Our cross-over isn't as big as we thought it would be, so it took 3 trips (crib, dresser & combo dresser) to pick up all of the pieces, but we made it fit. I am really happy with our furniture-looks really good in the room and its pretty modern looking for baby furniture (did you expect anything less from us?) If you want to see what it looks like, you can look at our Babies R Us Registry (it's at the bottom of the list under purchased items). I'll try to put some pictures up of it eventually.



As for other hodgepodge, Mulan's nose is doing much better. The top is almost completely grown back in, although the inside of her nostrils is still pink. To try to follow doctor's orders and keep her out of the sun, we bought a canopied gazebo earlier this month, which provides shade to about half of our patio (now, the only problem is to make sure she stays in the shade between 10 and 3 every day). She also has access inside the house while we are gone, but who knows where she really spends her time during the day. The belly (mine, that is) keeps growing, and we're less than 10 weeks away from our due date! Yikes! So much to do, so little time. We still haven't even picked out a first name yet (for either sex) let alone a last name, birth plan, etc.! We start childbirth classes in 2 weeks and are now going to the doctor every 2 weeks. Speaking of which, I better go or I'll be late for my doctor's appointment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You haven't picked a last name? Well since Bustarde isn't cutting it maybe try Siriano it's so much more fierce!
-Sarah

Missi said...

OK Sarah, you caught me typing in a rush. I meant to say that we haven't picked out a middle name (or even narrowed the list of contenders). Although, if Darwin gets his way, the last name may end up being Picard or Ryker...