Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I got a new library card!

So I get out of work early a couple of Fridays ago with nothing to do.

'You know what
', I think to myself, 'I'm gonna get a library card'

To the Solana Beach library I go. I get there and there are North County hoodlums getting a talking to from a sheriff in the parking lot- I walk past them and give 'em a look - Got caught by the po-po, huh? Suckas!

I stroll up to the front desk past some kids and old people, I catch the eye of one of the librarians, smack the desk and declare- "I want a library card!"

He gives me the once over, smiles and asks "How old are you?"

"28" I answer nonchalantly.

Apologetically, he says "Huh, well, I thought, you look ... well like you could be younger", as he hands me the application form.

I take the form and it reads: Under 18 Must Have A Parent Or Guardian Sign This Form

Son of a motherless goat!, I scream in my head. This type of situation isn't helped when my boss introduces me as the firm's 15 year old savant. Just as I'm about to give Mr. Dewey Decimal a piece of my mind he's already turned and walked away.



That's it- that's the story. What did you want? An explosion?

Ok- kaboom.

fin

No comments: